Tuesday, November 16, 2010

editing response

I learned a lot from editing the 101 student’s papers. I think that us 103 students giving the 101 students constructive criticism on their papers was a good idea and should be very helpful. When I was in English 101 I would have liked to see what others on a more advanced level than me thought of my paper. Revising these papers made me realize that before submitting, you should re-read your paper for minor grammar mistakes that can be avoided. I experienced reading work that had a lot of unclear and unorganized ideas, and I think it would be better to organize our ideas on a different sheet of paper (rough draft) before you put everything together. It was rough but interesting on finding out what people think is important and can lead to a healthy relationship.
A strong paper supports It's thesis 100 percent so I think It's best to try not to drift off topic and keep your main focus on your thesis statement. For some people this is a hard task because they mention things that make sense but does not reflect the objective of the paper. I think It's best when you let other people read your paper and see what different things they have to say, good or bad. This helps you make your paper better and when you read their comments you notice things you wouldn't have noticed on your own. Sometimes people need coaching on organizing their ideas because there is so much to say and some people have a hard time transferring their information into a paper. Many times I've noticed, and even with myself, I tend to make one point then jump to another point... Then jump back to the first point I made. It's confusing to the reader and throws them off topic a lot. Otherwise this was a good experience, I've learned from it and I'm sure the eng. 101 students learned from it too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment