Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Blog # 1

Hey Guysss,
                   I am kind of confused about if I should start a new paper or use one i already have. But I came to a conclusion that I am going to upgrade a paper I did last semester  in Eng 102. I wrote a paper on a poem by Kate Chopin titled "The Strom".
                   In this poem Chopin uses a Double Entendre to get her point accross, in other words she told her story from two points of view. This poem is very sexual and in Chopin's time it was very un-ladylike to speak in such a mannor. Women were looked down upon as whores if they spoke freely about sex.
                  In my paper i hope to find research on Kate Chopin and what her life was like. I will look into how people conducted theirselves and what made Chopin be so open with her sexuality. My most reliable sources will probably be text and internet. I hope to find interesting facts so i dont bore anyone to death with my paper... If you have read this poem you know it is "hot & steamy" so hopefully you guys look forward to reading my paper, and I am looking forward to your opinions and feedback  - tata :)

6 comments:

  1. hi Keana..I didn't know that Kate Chopin wrote a poem that was sexual. I did read one of her short stories recently and It was about a young woman who found out her husband died and she was somewhat happy to be free from being a wife but when she found out he was alive she had a heart attack.That was a great short story. I am sure this poem will be worth writing your research paper on. I really believe you should upgrade that paper. You should write more about the poem and her different types of literature as well and write about the era she lived in and what made her write the types of stories and poems she writes. I look forward to hearing back from you and how your paper is going. GoodLuck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!! It sounds like a very interesting poem and you really organize your ideas. I haven't heard about Kate Chopinor read the poem but it's good that you decided to just concentrate on that specifoc person. I think you can write about how Chpoin's time affected her and why she decided to write this poem. Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Keana, It seems like you're paper will be very interesting to read. One thing I'm interested in knowing is the century or year of Kate Chopin's life. I have never read " The Storm" , but I sure will.Poets have long been using their poems to aid their passionate pursuit, but that topic would most likely be fit for a male poet not a women. I'm very much interested in knowing how her life and work was viewed by others during that time. You might also consider reading more of her work to see if sexuality is all she wrote about. I look forward to reading your paper. Best of Luck ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Keana,
    I also read this piece in English 102. It's actually a short story not a poem. I just want to point out that there are a number of spelling and grammatical errors. Otherwise, I think it’s a good idea for a topic. Elaborate further on what specifically you wish to research. Will you be researching Chopin’s personal life to try and discover what led her to be so bold with sexuality? Give us a little bit more to chew on. Can you cite something from the story that you found most arousing and shocking for the author’s time? Also be more explicit regarding the materials you will be using in your research.
    Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Keana, the poem that you informed us about sounds interesting. But im kinda confused about your paper, are you going to do a biography? or are you explaining as to why she wrote the poem? A great resource for this poem would be LAGCC library media resource. In this website you may find alot of articles including essays regarding this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Keana,
    "The Storm" is a very interesting short story. As we discussed in class, you'll have to do some research and then decide what arguements you want to make about it.

    ReplyDelete